User Experience (UX) Designer Jobs in Mississauga – Ontario – Canada at Procom
Title: User Experience (UX) Designer
Location: Mississauga – Ontario – Canada
Type: Full Time
Category: Design/Web/Multimedia, Creative Arts/Media
UX/UI Designer (WCAG)
On behalf of our client in the Public Sector, PROCOM is looking for a UX/UI Designer (WCAG).
UX/UI Designer (WCAG) – Job Description
• Design pages and user-interfaces for complex informational and transactional applications using a user-centered, evidence-based approach.
• Take a product from an initial concept through to final high-fidelity responsive designs ready for hand-off to developers.
• Circulate designs for review and approval, iterate your work, and share finished Adobe XD files with developers
• Audit existing web journeys, and design improvements that demonstrate an increase to usability and accessibility
• Work with other UX designers to integrate corporate design standards into products.
• Design using the City’s existing design components, and within the framework of the City’s brand guidelines
• Communicate the intended user experience with user stories, wireframes, storyboards, taxonomies, sketches, prototypes, and mock-ups.
• Create GUIs, layouts, templates, landing pages, navigation, forms and any necessary design artifacts to maximize simplicity, style, and usability.
• Apply rigorous detail to finalize styles and design details to create high-fidelity digital products that are ready for release to customers.
• Review and provide feedback and enhancement to ux prototypes created by other teams
UX/UI Designer (WCAG) – Mandatory Skills
• University or College graduate in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, UX, or related discipline or demonstrate years of professional work experience as a UX Designer.
• eCommerce, transactional or service-based experience
• Expert level abilities with design and UX software including Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD, Sketch, InVision.
• Minimum 5 years of full-time work in UX design or product design in a professional setting. Student projects will not be accepted.
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of user-centered design, user testing methodologies, usability, and accessibility standards and practices (WCAG 2.0, 2.1).
• Strong communication skills and ability to rationalize designs
The following skills and experiences are an asset:
• Experience working on an Agile team.
• Experience working in Government.
UX/UI Designer (WCAG) – Assignment Start Date
ASAP – 6 months to start
UX/UI Designer (WCAG) – Assignment Location