Sr. Product Manager, Technical Job in at Amazon.com Services LLC – 3.6
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
1. Amazon strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can research and purchase anything they might want online or offline. We set big goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them. The Amazon Device team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Echo.
Fire tablets are among the most popular consumer electronics devices on the market, with easy access to millions of movies, TV shows, magazines, newspapers, books, songs, apps, and games. It is just Day 1 for Amazon devices and we are looking for proven, customer-centric product leaders to help continue to innovate and grow our device business.
The Fire Tablet team is looking for a Senior Product Manager – Technical (PM-T) to own the customer experience of user’s early engagement with our tablets, ranging from their initial set-up to the first weeks with the device. You will be the single threaded owner of this this critical user life-cycle stage, creating the strategy and working with engineering and design teams to drive and prioritize the features road-map. The ideal candidate will be customer focused, able to dive-deep to understand engagement drivers, a highly effective written and verbal communicator (at a senior executive level), and comfortable working cross-functionally with diverse teams.
- Create and implement product strategy for customer early engagement with Tablets
- Identify customer pain points and innovative solutions to those pain points
- Identify new technologies, business models, and strategies to build on Fire Tablets
- Align with stakeholders guidelines and best practices to engage users within their on-boarding period, ensuring the consistency, high bar, and strategic direction of cross-team efforts.
- Deliver working backward documents outlining solutions and product ideas
- Create buy-in for product vision across all stakeholders
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements that can be used by design, engineering, and quality assurance to ship finished software
- Own team level prioritization and trade-offs
- Own measurable business and customer outcomes from the product strategy and solutions you are driving.”
- MBA or Master’s degree
- Passion for mobile devices and connected entertainment services
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs, and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
About the Company
Company: Amazon.com Services LLC – 3.6