Social Media Creative Lead – Reach Nationals Job at Reach PLC Manchester
Do you look at the news and think it’s not quite for you? Do you find your answers about the day’s biggest topics left unanswered? Or that the stories you care about aren’t being covered at all?
That’s why we’re looking for a Social Media Creative Lead to aid us and the team to create compelling content aimed at engaging 25-34 year olds and giving them more of the news, sport, information and entertainment they are seeking.
We already reach more under 35s than any other commercial publisher, with 11miliion a month reading at least one of our titles, ranging from mirror.co.uk through to our market-leading regional news titles such as Manchester Evening News, ChronicleLive and BelfastLive.
So, who are we?
We are Reach Plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human.
Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
This role is home based and we are therefore open to candidates based across the UK.
What will the role involve?
- Taking responsibility for devising strategies to showcase our best journalism and content across all our social media accounts, with a particular focus on Instagram and TikTok
- Working closely with the rest of the social media team and social video team on new ideas
- Working to create new ideas to fit our brands, executing and delivering them with in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure consistency of posting across platforms and brand considerations
The Ideal Candidate
Who are we looking for?
- You’ll know how to make our posts stand out from the crowd and enable us to attract new audiences, while remaining true to our brand values
- You are someone who can work quickly and understand our different brand tones and demographics
- Organisational skills, maintaining a forward planning calendar whilst being adaptable enough to react quickly to breaking news
- An understanding of how to attract new audiences to our brands across different social platforms
- A strong news-sense with an eye on what’s trending on social media and how that can be applied to designs
- Social media obsessive with a detailed knowledge of different platforms
- Keen attention to detail and excellent communication skills
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day – an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
About the Company
Company: Reach PLC
Company Location: Manchester