Senior Store Manager – adidas Access Park FO Job at Adidas – Cape Town, Western Cape
- The Senior Store Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the retail store. The job responsibilities include the co-ordination and recruitment, training and management of staff, receiving of stock, merchandising, stock loss prevention, controlling expenses and management of all areas of store operations.
- The Senior Store Manager is also responsible for establishing and maintaining excellent levels of customer service within the store. The incumbent must display sound problem solving and decision-making abilities and is an excellent manager of people with sound leadership skills. The store manager has an outstanding performance track record and can effectively lead others towards the achievement of specific business results.
- Drive conversion to achieve an increase of minimum Iast price paid (lpp.).
- Leverage NPS data to ensure premium service is top of mind.
- Regular analysis on KPI’s with recovery plans where required.
- Control store controllable expenses in line with budget and create savings where possible.
- Propose and drive recovery plans during underperforming situations through business analysis promotional activities or product injections.
- Sharpen inventory management by regular stock analyses and communication with the Back of House team.
- Provide input on optimal product mix for your store by observing your consumer and marketplace and align with your District Manager to influence others, e.g. RBO, Planners
- Deliver consistent premium execution of visual merchandise standards in accordance with Adidas guidelines.
- Drive timely execution of all monthly and seasonal promotional initiatives Drive timely delivery of permanent price changes.
- Ensure stock refills are being done in such a way to always show a lull floor and a full overring of stock you have.
- Place clear team focus on inventory management and planning through managing stock levels to drive revenue and increase turnover.
- Be aware and drive store learn awareness of sell though data and assortment gaps in order to
- communicate specific needs to the RBO team.
- Drive more efficient process within store team e.g. reporting, x functional alignment.
- Ensure accurate and on time reporting cross functionally.
- Win at the decisive moment. Right product, right place. Right time.
- Ensure teams elevate service through usage of EMT training. NPS• REPS, Stock Hero. Heart of House holding store team accountable for service.
- Standardize, maintain and ensure disciplines regarding in store communication ISignage, communication board etc.1.
- Align with the store construction team on improving maintenance program driven by store team.
- Exploit local sporting moments. Drive connection through consumer events and product.
- Deepen and leverage consumer knowledge insights to grow repeat business.
- Master the Fundamentals (Build and extend foundational retail capabilities as well as empowering the team).
- Maximize PEX to hit payroll and DCC targets. Drive further involvement of WFM to ensure right people, right time, right place.
- Operational Excellence: align with operations on all process improvements in the stores and ensure all teams compliance.
- Ensure and deliver a Premium Experience for the value consumer through a tiered service model and hold your team accountable for execution by establishing a clear consumer focus.
- Prioritize customer needs/interaction during daily duties.
- Assess team resources and staffing needs accurately and proactively.
- Compliance to Adidas Policies and Procedures. Adidas Practices and local labour laws.
- Monitor and respond to maintenance concerns, ensuring all Health and Safety standards are met.
- Identify and improve mystery shopper opportunities.
- Improve and elevate alignment with store support functions for effective store support.
- Be a positive influence.
- Ensure effective x functional relationships and demonstrate appreciation for different functions and areas of business.
- Actively contribute to achieving store objectives and provide inspired and clear leadership and strategic direction to the store team.
- Openly share information and business results/findings as appropriate with peer group, employees and your direct manager; network and share best practices regularly.
- Treat all team members with respect and dignity.
- Take responsibility for management decisions by communicating and owning decisions.
- Influence business partners (District Manager, VM. marketing, RBO etc.I.
- Reframe problems into opportunities. Partner with DM to ensure premium employee experience and adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Focus the team on your top priorities.
- Focus the energy and intelligence of the team on business goals.
- Demonstrate and teach leadership behaviours in the store environment, lead as a multiplier.
- Effectively communicate Adidas strategies, store goals and initiatives to all team members.
- Find ways to attract diverse talent to your team and build a solid talent pool. Acquire, develop and invest in the best talent.
- Help others understand and use their own natural talents.
- Complete Mybest and training plans and ensure timely and quality performance discussions and follow-up.
- Challenges your team to achieve higher levels of performance.
- Encourage and support employees’ growth and development.
- Give people opportunities that grow their capabilities.
- Consistently make the right decisions, at the right time, given the situation.
- Place responsibility on solving problems with others.
- Invite ideas and welcome different perspectives to encourage debate of key initiatives.
- Foster an environment that accelerates positive change.
- Give others real ownership and then hold them accountable for results.
- Establish performance metrics and track results against them.
- Focus on improvements aligned with business strategy.
- Create an environment that makes employees want to perform their best.
- Create an environment of openness and creativity.
- Share credit and shine the spotlight on the work of others.
- Encourage people to experiment and take intelligent risks.
- Readily admit and share your own mistakes.
- Motivate and inspire people and ideas.
- Link the contribution of the team to our company’s goal.
- Consumers, Peers, Key Retail Support Functions i.e Marketing Activations, VM, Operations, Vendors and Supports Functions,
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong ability to understand and use financial data to make decisions and influence outcomes.
- Ability to use critical thinking and creative ways to solve problems.
- Ability to make recommendations that effectively resolve problems by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, and procedures.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong ability to collaborate and influence across different levels and departments.
- Thrives under ambiguity; open to change and act as advocate for the ‘new’.
- Open to feedback; able to keep composure in stressful situations.
- Passion for adidas brand and for sport.
- Proficient with MS applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and other computer software (Internet, POS Systems, etc).
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years of relevant market experience.
- Leadership role in a branded organisation (creating a brand experience).
- Successful leadership of a team (50 people +).
- Geographical mobility.
- Advanced numeracy, literacy and strong communication skills.
AT ADIDAS WE HAVE A WINNING CULTURE. BUT TO WIN, PHYSICAL POWER IS NOT ENOUGH. JUST LIKE ATHLETES OUR EMPLOYEES NEED MENTAL STRENGTH IN THEIR GAME. WE FOSTER THE ATHLETE’S MINDSET THROUGH A SET OF BEHAVIORS THAT WE WANT TO ENABLE AND DEVELOP IN OUR PEOPLE AND THAT ARE AT THE CORE OF OUR UNIQUE COMPANY CULTURE: THIS IS HOW WE WIN WHILE PLAYING FAIR.
COURAGE: Speak up when you see an opportunity; step up when you see a need..
OWNERSHIP: Pick up the ball. Be proactive, take responsibility and follow-through.
INNOVATION: Elevate to win. Be curious, test and learn new and better ways of doing things.
TEAMPLAY: Win together. Work collaboratively and cultivate a shared mindset.
INTEGRITY: Play by the rules. Hold yourself and others accountable to our company’s standards.
RESPECT: Value all players. Display empathy, be inclusive and show dignity to all.
ADIDAS CELEBRATES DIVERSITY, SUPPORTS INCLUSIVENESS AND ENCOURAGES INDIVIDUAL EXPRESSION IN OUR WORKPLACE. WE DO NOT TOLERATE THE HARASSMENT OR DISCRIMINATION TOWARD ANY OF OUR APPLICANTS OR EMPLOYEES. WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Senior Store Manager – adidas Access Park FO
Mar 21, 2023
About the Company
Company: Adidas –
Company Location: Cape Town, Western Cape