Salesforce Administrator Job in Seattle, WA at Amazon
Amazon strives to be the world’s most customer centric company. Amazon Customer Service (CS) is looking for an experienced Salesforce.com Administrator who has the ability to create and implement creative tools that drive consistency and scale in a fast paced, proof of concept driven environment. These tools are the backbone of global Anecdote mechanisms that identify and improve important moments to our customers that are not easily seen in the data alone.
The Customer Anecdotes team uses storytelling principles to leverage and enhance a leadership culture that is eager to take on improving the customer’s experience. We gather and transform anecdotes to be used as a conversation that inspires the customer obsession in each of us. This use of the customer’s voice as the starting point in our conversations ensures that we are consistently “working backwards” to provide direct value to our customers in our day-to-day operations.
A successful candidate will be obsessed with customer success, passionate about simplification, design-thinking, and is excited to dive deep into the growth opportunity of delivering new products and features. You must be able to rapidly understand complex business processes and identify the full range of impacts related to the customer experience. By collaborating with business and working closely with program managers and leadership, you will be building solutions that are highly usable, scalable, and maintainable. You will be responsible for designing solutions, owning the engineering, testing, release, and support of the applications. As a SFDC Admin, you will be the technical subject matter expert on the development of our customer facing applications. This SFDC Admin will take ownership over a new SFDC instance, it’s documentation, it’s development, it’s architectural approach, it’s delivery and support of all the solutions pushed to production. However you won’t be doing this alone, you will be joining the very definition of an Amazon ‘two pizza team’ with support from our Product Manager, Data Scientist, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Analyst, and the Program Management team. We are a tight team by design to be fast, agile, and quick to prototype and deploy industry leading solutions. These products will support a vast network of partner organizations and will be highly visible across multiple orgs in Amazon. You must be comfortable in ambiguous, experimental, and innovative spaces with aggressive schedules.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Manage Salesforce.com CRM including support requests and escalated administrative needs of users by providing prompt and complete resolution to technical challenges and business support issues.
- Hands on configuration of new and existing Salesforce.com features including user management, roles/profiles, Permission Sets, custom objects, new page layouts, custom fields, formula fields, validations, workflows rules, email templates, Process Builder, Flows, Lightning Pages, Custom Metadata Types, Custom Settings, Managed Packages.
- Focus on user efficiencies, solving business/customer issues, invent creative solutions, and ensure data accuracy across the system.
- Partner with global business stakeholders to proactively identify, drive, and build improvements, enhancements, and system customization that solve critical business needs.
- Roadmap development and prioritization in partnership with the business team and stakeholders.
- Participate in change management process. Drive communication efforts across relevant stakeholders.
- Evaluating complex business and technical requirements, communicating inherent security risks and solutions to technical and non-technical business owners.
- End-to-end ownership of both planning and execution responsibilities for assigned project/s.
- Identify process improvement strategies to expedite or improve the quality of materials being delivered
- Communicate to senior leaders through white papers on the status of anecdote programs, escalations and projects
- Bachelor’s degree, or compensating work experience.
- 4+ years hands-on experience with Salesforce configuration and change management
- Salesforce Administrator certification or equivalent experience
- Experience with Salesforce configuration options, data model / architecture, and security model
- Experience integrating AWS data and existing products with Salesforce
- Experience with leading Salesforce change management
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with Salesforce.com architecture and API
- Ability to design, code, test, debug, and maintain software applications
- Experience with integrations of SFDC data into other cloud systems like AWS Redshift
- In-depth understanding of the architecture, capabilities and constraints of the Salesforce application coupled with good understanding of business processes
- Proven ability to create innovative solutions to solve real customer problems
- Proven ability to think strategically and execute tactically
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Self-starter comfortable of working independently with little oversight
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to distill problem definitions from informal business requirements
- Ability to maintain composure in dynamic and high pressure situations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
About the Company
Company Location: Seattle, WA