Sales Manager Job in Vancouver, BC at Northern Bars Canada Inc. –
We’re an early stage food and travel start-up, focusing on producing beautiful, artisanal Nanaimo Bars targeted towards travellers. We have big dreams of making Northern Bars the most popular souvenir when travellers visit Canada and we believe that we have the right ingredients (pun-intended!) to make our dreams turn to reality.
Our production facility is based out of the Granville Island. We’re currently looking for a Sales Manager to help us build our distribution across British Columbia, engaging with retailers and ensuring that Northern Bars are available in the right places!
You’ll be working remotely but must be based in Metro Vancouver. We expect to meet in our production facility / office once a week.
Why should I join a new food start-up?
We have big dreams, and we mean it when we say that we will make it happen. Our co-founders are all-in, and we have some of the most seasoned, successful entrepreneur and professionals in Canada advising us with our business.
You’ll get a chance to work and learn directly about starting and growing a business from scratch, including best business practices brought on by our team and advisors.
We try to compensate as fairly as we can. Our package consists of a base salary (CAD 40k) + performance bonus (up to 10% from your annual salary) + phone and travel allowance + commission (limitless based on the target).
Finally — the prospect of growing your career. This is the first Sales role that we hire, and we intend to grow the Sales and Account team. This means that if you learn fast, are driven, accountable and show yourself as a leader — you’re in a good place to be leading this.
Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset who loves the food and travel industry to join the two co-founders who are experienced business professionals. You will report directly to the CEO and Co-founder.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Own the revenue target of newly signed up accounts, through activities such as:
- Prospecting target distributors through warm calling and in-person visit
- Networking, attending industry events and create opportunities for Northern Bars
- Maintaining our Sales CRM diligently and accurately
- Inform product and offering feedback to the Northern Bars team
- Produce sales and revenue report for the Northern Bars team
- Participate in management meetings
Am I the right fit for the role?
Joining a start-up at this stage is the most exciting part of the journey for many. If you identify with the below statement, you’re probably the right fit:
- I think every problem has a solution, and I can think of creative ways to tackle a problem
- I am an organized thinker — I have creative ideas, but I am able to convey them in a systematic, logical manner
- I am a good communicator — I can convey my thoughts in a clear, concise manner, and I rarely have to repeat myself
- I value being disciplined and organized — I can think of many instances when I have to prioritize efficiency over convenience
- I believe that learning is a never-ending journey — I have made mistakes in the past, and I am a better person today because I learnt from these mistakes
- High professional proficiency in English — both written and verbal
Nice to have:
- Bachelor in Business Administration
- 1 – 3 years of experience in Sales
- Experience with the food or travel industry is a bonus
We would like to promote diversity in the work that we do – so we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $40,000.00 per year
- Paid time off
- Work from home
While in our production facility, you must wear mask 100% all the time. We also promote remote / hybrid work for this role.
- What interests you in working for Northern Bars as a Sales Manager?
- Why do you want to build a career in sales?
Expected start date: 2022-05-09
About the Company
Company: Northern Bars Canada Inc. –
Company Location: Vancouver, BC