Sales Lead / Key Holder Job in Brampton, ON at Aldo Groupe – Aldo Shoes –
WE’RE LOOKING, ARE YOU?
Curious to find out what it means to be part of a great global team? Let’s connect. Discover what it’s like to work for a fast-paced, creative and inclusive company.
Want more? We encourage our people to reach their full potential by offering exciting opportunities and great incentives for growth. After all, our company’s magic stems directly from the talent and drive of out people. The possibilities are endless.
Ask anyone who works here what they love about their job, and one of the first things they’ll say is “the people”. We’re not tooting our own horn here: what makes our culture unique is a shared admiration for innovation, excellence, a strong work ethic, entrepreneurial spirit, diversity, empathy, friendliness, and an insatiable curiosity.
- Support the Store Manager and Assistant Manager in all tasks necessary to the efficient operation of the store. Provide prompt and courteous service to customers in order to maximize sales and customer service, so as to promote the company’s image of quality and professionalism.
- Reports directly to the Store Manager and works closely with the District Manager and other resource departments.
- Represents an integral part of the store team and through his/her participation, creates a healthy and pleasant atmosphere.
- Supports the Manager in the supervision of salespeople and all other employees essential to the efficient operation of the store.
Key Job Functions
- Maximize sales and customer service
- Maintain merchandise displays
- Record all transactions on registers
- Perform necessary housekeeping duties
- Occasionally relieve the Store Manager from his/her responsibilities
- Practices professional salesmanship within the guidelines of store policy and procedures, in order to achieve maximum sales and provide the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Promotes total customer service in a friendly way and as the most important consideration in every transaction
- Ensures that special orders are handled efficiently
- Maintains a neat, organized and well-stocked merchandise area
- Ensures that merchandise is properly ticketed and attractively displayed
- Communicates stock replenishment to Store Manager
- Develops and maintains product knowledge of merchandise available from assigned departments
- Is aware of and implements store policies and procedures
- Is responsible for adherence to all loss prevention and security policies, as well as credit policies and procedures (i.e. credit/debit cards, employee purchases, discounts, deposits, returns/exchanges)
- Is responsible for accuracy of sales bill completion
- Assists in training other sales associates in product knowledge, visual representation, sales techniques and administration
- Conforms to the company’s dress code and presents an image that is consistent with the company standard
- Supports the Manager in all of the essential duties necessary for the efficient operation of the store
Qualification (Minimum qualifications required to perform tasks)
- Related work experience: six months of selling and team management experience (retail or service industry)
- General work experience or equivalent formal education: high school or equivalent
- Other qualifications; Strong leadership skills, excellent communication skills, service-oriented, team player, fashion-oriented, bilingualism as required, willing to work retail hours and initiative
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Part-time hours: 30 per week
Salary: $16.00-$18.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brampton, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Retail management: 1 year (preferred)
About the Company
Company: Aldo Groupe – Aldo Shoes –
Company Location: Brampton, ON