Product Owner (Remote) Job in Vancouver, BC at HALIGHT Inc. –
Who We Are:
Based in Tecumseh, Ontario, HALIGHT Inc. is an eLearning industry leader that builds custom Learning Management System (LMS) platforms for global clientele. Our mission? Connecting people, process, and product through meaningful, interactive learning solutions. Our vision? To inspire, develop, and drive the future of workforce engagement.
ENHANCE. EMPOWER. ENGAGE.
Why Work at HALIGHT?
At HALIGHT, we encourage and support our employees to take initiative and think outside the box to deliver original, creative solutions to our clients! The perks of being a HALIGHTer include, but are not limited to: continuous learning opportunities, cross-functional training, organic career growth, the ability to work remotely, flexible scheduling, a highly collaborative and agile environment, an exciting company culture, and the ability to work alongside a fantastic, supportive team!
If you’ve got the HALIGHT gene, you probably have an itch for ideation, a push for progress, and thrive in fast-paced, evolving environments.
The Role in a Nutshell:
At HALIGHT, the Product Owner is responsible for the coordination, prioritization and acceptance of features generated by product teams to maximize the value of work.
As Product Owner, you will collaborate with clients, internal business stakeholders and development teams to ideate creative solutions that meet both client and market needs. You should be able to elicit the customer’s root problems, help customers understand a business value and work with cross-functional teams to manage product releases. Your effort is important for the company as you will need to deliver product not just according to users, but the product that helps make our company vision reality. The Product Owner reports to the Product Portfolio Manager.
What You’ll Do:
· Serve as the voice of the client; owns the product backlog
· Work with internal stakeholders to analyze the needs and align product backlog to strategic goals
· Develop and work with product teams to refine and estimate backlog items (initiatives/epic/user stories) that guide agile product teams
· Solve product related problems, make decisions, complete trade-off analysis to stay on track towards business deliverable commitments
· Draft key objectives and results, strategies and apply the data for the product to make business decisions
· Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies
· Collaborate with stakeholders during the visioning and concept development of a product
· Accountable for the created product(s), delivering in the product model and communicating the product needs with business partners
· Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with a maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
· Identifies and help the client understand the business model, value and value proposition.
· Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation
· Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally and as the primary contact for queries related to the product
· Develop appropriately detailed specifications for the product features so they are clearly understood by the development teams
· Represents team in front of stakeholders, clients, or users
· Work closely with portfolio manager to create a product that fits the company portfolio
What You’ll Bring:
· Post-secondary education in Computer Science, or similar
· Experience working with virtual event spaces
· Preference will be given to candidates with SAAS experience
· Experience managing stakeholders and their expectations
· Understanding and experience with Agile methodologies is an asset
· Ability to work with cross-functional teams to deliver on a common goal
· Interpersonal skills and developing relationships with team members and clients
· Experience with a definition of minimum marketable features and minimum viable products; knows how to define and articulate key milestones within a product backlog
· Strategic and creative thinker
· Outstanding communication, and presentation skills
· Organizational and time management skills
· Analytical and problem-solving skills
· Highly disciplined with attention to detail
· Overall understanding of technologies used in the product
HALIGHT Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Should you be selected for an interview and require an accommodation, please reach out to Human Resources.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Supporting Virtual Events: 1 year (required)
- SAAS: 3 years (required)
- Leadership: 3 years (preferred)
- Product Owner: 3 years (required)
About the Company
Company: HALIGHT Inc. –
Company Location: Vancouver, BC