Principal Solutions Architect – Global Accounts, Automotive Job in München at AWS EMEA SARL (Germany Branch)
- Significant design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
- Significant experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- History of successful technical consulting and architecture engagements with large-scale customers or enterprises
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers.
- Strong written communication skills
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills. You will partner some of the worlds largest companies, to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services in the Automotive domain. As a trusted customer advocate, the solutions architect will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS within enterprise customers. The ability to connect technology with measureable business value is critical to a solutions architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Be great fun to work with.
At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Enjoy working with large, global customers. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of enterprise customers.
Have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions in the Automotive domain. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
- In partnership with the account management team, formulate and execute a strategy
- Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
- Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
- Experience working within the Automotive industry
- Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
- Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop, etc.), products (i.e., Oracle, SAP) and frameworks (ITIL, Zachman, TOGAF, etc.)
- Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
About the Company
Company: AWS EMEA SARL (Germany Branch)
Company Location: München