Principal Product Marketing Manager Job in Seattle, WA at Amazon
The DOIT organization is looking for an experienced marketing manager to join our team in Seattle as part of a strategic investment to build technology that will enable Amazon to adopt the most scientific approach to Global Talent Management. DOIT builds intelligent products and services that offer a consumer grade user experience and use science to manage talent development at Amazon by embracing our leadership principles culture. In DOIT we are building the intelligence that will enable Amazon to retain its unique “Day One” company culture whilst growing its talent base in excess of 1 million employees.
Our mission is to create innovative and inclusive experiences which empower Amazonians to own their careers. We are a growing internal design and content studio, with team members Edinburgh, Scotland, Seattle, and some working remote. We’re dedicated to transforming HR products and experiences for employees throughout their career at Amazon. Our team is seeking an innovative and highly motivated Product Marketing Manager to lead our marketing efforts. You’ll create experiences that hundreds of thousands of Amazonians use every day to manage their careers. We are looking for a talented and experienced leader that has a proven track record of establishing a bold vision and delivering bar-raising, customer-centric experiences.
The right candidate for this role will be an experienced operator, creative, strategic thinker with a track record of successfully launching content in products to deliver experiences that customers love. You are right for this role if you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, you are undaunted by ambiguity and deftly juggle competing priorities. You are right for this role if you have exceptional ability to bring collaborative leadership to cross-functional teams and apply sound judgement to make appropriate tradeoffs to deliver world-class results.
- Be responsible for leading the marketing vision, including influencing key product features, defining the experience, refining positioning and messaging, and working cross-functionally to build and execute marketing campaigns.
- You will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
- Work at the strategic level, using customer behavior to generate bold and innovative ideas for engagement
- Work at the tactical level (develop content, analyse data, solve problems as they come up).
- Have a strong understanding of product marketing and possess great project management and influencing skills to work across multiple teams to achieve success.
Responsibilities will include:
- Own marketing strategy for Global Talent Management
- Own all workstreams across multiple cross functional teams needed to get products to market including: PR, customer segmentation and positioning, and roadmap prioritization
- Development of product positioning and customer facing messaging.
- Own campaigns from end-to-end: managing creative processes, targeting and segmentation, planning, execution, and reporting
- Own reporting of key content and marketing metrics to the leadership team and broader organization.
- 7+ years product management or equivalent type experience across marketing, advertising,or technology projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Obsession for driving a best-in-class experience for customers
- Experience using data and metrics to measure activation impact and determine improvements
- Proven track record of successfully delivering cross-functional projects
You will join a team of passionate people to create products to address the sheer scale of HR at Amazon, while providing engaging, personal, and human experiences. Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
About the Company
Company Location: Seattle, WA