Media Relations Specialist Jobs in SoHo – New York – USA at Visiting Nurse Service of New York
Title: Media Relations Specialist
Company: Visiting Nurse Service of New York
Location: SoHo – New York – USA
Type: Full Time
Category: Marketing/PR, Creative Arts/Media
Assists with keeping audience informed by planning media strategies and executing media development and outreach. Helps to identify and analyze appropriate media audiences and the audience requirement and mindset. Helps develop proactive and reactive responses on issues and positions and pitches story ideas. Works under moderate supervision.
* Works with team leadership to prepare communications by developing proactive and reactive responses on issues; positioning and pitching story ideas; pursuing media opportunities; writing, editing, proofreading, and distributing media releases; coaching spokespersons.
* Helps produce detailed and timely media placement and activity reports
* Prepares media relations information and reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
* Assists leadership in writing and editing byline content that communicates VNSNY’s impact to multiple target audiences.
* Attends in-person meetings and events, as necessary.
* Assists in building media relationships by cultivating contacts; maintaining rapport; arranging interviews and tours; responding to requests; serving as spokesperson.
* Understands overall business objectives and assists with external communications initiatives, as directed.
* Improves health care/home care media relations job knowledge by attending training sessions, reading technical publications, etc.
* Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, public relations or journalism valent work experience required.
Minimum two years’ experience pitching, coordinating or producing media stories/ segments with NYC and/or national media outlets required. Previous experience and expressed interest in non-profit, health-focused accounts required. Strong writing skills and experience developing pitches and byline articles, required.
Ability touse discretion and display good judgement, required. Takes initiative, highly organized, and detail oriented, required. Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills, required.