Marketing Operations Director Job in Portland, OR at Point B – 3.9
Our operations team includes roles focused on People & Culture, Executive Talent, Risk & Legal, Finance, Travel & Events, Communications & Change Management, IT & Facilities, and Marketing. Working across these disciplines we create the foundation from which Point Bers discover and grow their careers.
What makes Point B different? An employee-ownership model that gives you a voice in directing your career and building our company. Diverse leadership opportunities to expand your skills, along with the support needed to deliver great results. A unique culture that recognizes the importance of flexibility and collaboration.
Point B has been consistently recognized as one of the best places to work by Fortune® magazine, The Wall Street Journal, Consulting® magazine, Vault.com® and many others.
Reports to: Chief Sales & Marketing Operations Officer (CMSOO)
The Marketing Operations Director (MOD) is responsible for ensuring that the Marketing & Sales Insights teams have an effective working environment focused on efficiency and business performance. This leader will be responsible for end-to-end optimization and governance of team processes. The Marketing Operations Director will enable scale by ensuring that technology and automation are integrated and deployed effectively, funnels are optimized, goals are defined clearly and kept in focus, data is tracked properly, data insights are applied, budgets are respected, and communication routines are smooth. Day-to-day, the MOD will help to ensure that resources are aligned and used effectively, ideally leveraging agile principles. This individual will support project management and marketing/sales insights teams by overseeing resource management as well as establish criteria to prioritize the backlog. The MOD is responsible for sourcing and managing contractors, contracts management, planning and budgeting, and collaboration with Sales Insights on reporting (especially marketing and sales insights attribution). The MOD ensures that project teams accurately define and communicate resource requirements, project deliverables, dependencies, risk, timelines, budget, and terms. Additionally, the Marketing Operations Director will follow an agile approach, including responding to change, leaning into data, an appreciation of experimentation, and understanding of how to orchestrate collaboration across the business.
- Drives efficient operational management of Marketing and Sales Insights processes, resource management, backlog management, and financial management.
- Creates a delivery method seeded in agile including fast sprints and frequent interactions, high levels of collaboration and use of data.
- Collaborates with internal teams to implement and manage cross-discipline operational processes that produce desired results.
- Oversees sourcing, onboarding and terms of required vendors and contractors and responsible for the development and growth of an associated database.
- Manage technical aspects of key marketing systems (marketing automation, CRM) used to generate, distribute, and report on leads.
- Evaluate new technologies and add-on applications to improve and optimize marketing team performance.
- Establish and maintain scalable processes that ensure best practices in campaign and lead management.
- Manages Salesforce data for Marketing in collaboration with Sales Insights and ensures appropriate data hygiene.
- Partners with Marketing business partners to evaluate satisfaction and participates in strategies to drive improvement.
- Oversees staff utilization (including contractors and other internal resources) to ensure project resource requirements are managed and aligned to support timeline, project schedule and deliverables.
- Advises clients and implements solutions by combining project management fundamentals with an ability to engage and manage client stakeholders, resolve issues and drive projects to successful completion.
- Develops and manages project structures, schedules, budgets, resource plans, etc.
- Identifies potential risks, develops mitigation strategies and recommends key decisions for projects.
- Prepares, reviews, understands and maintains complex project documentation.
- Effectively leads meetings and drives discussions to necessary resolution to keep the project moving forward.
- Builds strong partnerships through effective collaboration with team members and stakeholders
- Consistently demonstrates and lives Point B cultural tenets and values
Required Experience & Credentials (including certifications)
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- Has 10+ years of marketing or other operations experience.
- Strong program management experience.
- Experience balancing competing priorities across a broad range of accounts/portfolios/industries/capabilities
- Strong executive presence
- Agile experience a plus
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Ability to work from home
- Ability to work non-standard work hours when necessary
INTRIGUED TO LEARN MORE?
When you apply for this role, your information will be personally reviewed by our talent acquisition team (not by a robot). You can expect to hear back from us with feedback if we think there could be a fit and what next steps look like.
ABOUT POINT B
Point B is a consulting company dedicated to helping organizations with critical initiatives in the areas of customer engagement, growth investments, workforce experience and operations excellence. Our diverse set of experts spans 13 U.S. locations, with international reach via our partnership with Nextcontinent. We’ve helped global organizations of all stages and sizes achieve sustainable success by focusing on the humans at the center of change.
What makes Point B Different?
Our Founding Purpose and Values of our firm. Be part of a fun and collaborative culture with teams that are as passionate about their communities as they are about their clients
100% Employee Ownership – Giving you a voice in directing your career and building our firm
Benefits – Our comprehensive package includes competitive base pay and an annual bonus, complete health benefits including an option for 100% employer paid premium for medical, vision and dental coverage for employees, ownership shares through our ESOP, self-directed time off and more
Work-Life Balance – A unique culture that recognizes the importance of flexibility and collaboration. Our local and national model empowers you to choose the life you want
Award winning – We are proud to be named a Best Workplace in the US by Fortune magazine, Best Workplaces for Millennials, and Best Workplaces for Women. Hear more about why people love working at Point B on GlassDoor
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
About the Company
Company: Point B – 3.9
Company Location: Portland, OR