Marketing and Communications Director Job in St. Louis, MO at Creative Reaction Lab –
Department-Marketing and Design
Reports to-President & CEO
Creative Reaction Lab is searching for a Marketing and Communications Director that would thrive in a team-centered, co-creation culture for racial and health equity that centers Black and Latinx youth. The Marketing and Communications Director will build the capacity of Creative Reaction Lab by developing and implementing our traditional and digital marketing & communications strategies for awareness building and client sales, capturing and distributing stories and content of youth and historically underinvested community members impacted by health and racial inequities, developing outreach strategies and materials engaging educators teaching historically underinvested Black and Latinx youth, and building and growing the Redesigners for Justice™ brand and movement. They will be responsible for external marketing and messaging, promotions, and media relationship management.
Marketing and Communications
- Develop and execute annual Marketing and Communications Plan to help Creative Reaction Lab increase recruitment and engagement across multiple audiences including, but not limited to, youth, parents/families, educators (formal and informal), donors, adult mentors, and the general public.
- Co-manage digital and on-the-ground outreach and evaluation efforts promoting the youth programming and youth-created prototypes.
- Develop and manage editorial calendar and communication plans, delegate tasks and ensure deadlines are met.
- Manage public relations strategies and campaigns, including preparing press releases, arranging media partnerships, etc.
- Manage the research, ideation, and creation of compelling content (including white papers, blog posts, social media posts and educational tools and resources) to assist in building the racial consciousness and capacity of Black and Latinx youth (and the adult and institutional allies working within the government/social services, health/healthcare, media/technology, and education sectors). Additionally, regularly edit, proofread and improve content.
- Recruit, onboard, and manage Marketing and Design Associates (interns), contractors, and other marketing and design team members.
- Co-manage the development of Creative Reaction Lab’s Brand and Design Guide to help Creative Reaction Lab build internal and external brand consistency and recognition, thus increasing engagement across multiple audiences including, but not limited to, youth, board members, parents/families, educators (formal and informal), donors/partners, staff, adult mentors, and the general public.
- Coordinate graphics and content with the Marketing and Design team.
- In partnership with the Design team, create visual, written, and auditory assets and promotions for social media, digital educational newsletter, organizational website, and other digital media.
Evaluation & Analytics
- Develop and implement content and marketing evaluation strategy, KPIs, and milestones increasing program recruitment and merchandise/learning and education engagements’ sales.
- Measure reach and effectiveness of marketing and communication tactics on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis and present findings to executive team (i.e. social media, newsletter, website).
- Assess previous marketing and communication efforts and its effectiveness regarding awareness building, audience engagement, impact storytelling, and conversion into participation (within programming and/or donor engagement).
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and/or at least three years of related experience in communication, marketing, and/or public relations.
- Two years of supervisory experience required (non-traditional settings acceptable).
- Familiarity with website content management and effective social media strategies.
- Strong oral, written, public speaking, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and planning skills.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from partners, the programming team, and the general public.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently and within a team.
- Ability to give and receive direct feedback.
- Proficiency with marketing and social media software and platforms such as Hootsuite, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability and willingness to continuously and critically examine one’s relationship to power, privilege, oppression, history, and healing.
Preferred Personal Qualities
- Strong adaptability to changing directions.
- Ability to work positively and effectively as a part of a group.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Commitment to promoting racial and health equity, youth and educator development, and continuous improvement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with marketing and social media software and platforms such as Tik Tok, Premiere Pro/Premiere Rush, Podcasting Recording Software, etc.
- Strong enjoyment of a fast-paced and continually evolving environment.
- Willingness to support other team members to achieve organizational goals.
- Experience with, and/or interest in, creative problem-solving methodologies and principles including but not limited to Equity-Centered Community Design, Equity Design, Liberatory Design, Design Justice Network Principles, Design Thinking, Human-Centered Design, and Inclusive Design.
- Must have flexible and reliable transportation.
- Must be willing to travel out of state approximately 3-5% of the time.
- Must be willing to work some weekend and evening hours.
How to Apply
Please include the following with your applications:
- Cover Letter explaining qualifications + answering the questions “Why does racial and ethnic equity matter to me?” and “Why do I believe youth are the equity leaders we need?”
- Portfolio of advertising/marketing materials, such as campaigns, social media strategy, graphic design, etc.
- 2-3 professional references
Applications will be reviewed immediately with the final deadline of September 8, 2021 if the position is not filled prior.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $58,000.00 – $62,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Employees are working a staggered schedule to make sure that we can stay 6 ft away from each other. Office spaces are sanitized regularly and PPE equipment is available for all staff. Masks are required in the office.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- St. Louis, MO 63103: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Marketing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Project management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
About the Company
Company: Creative Reaction Lab –
Company Location: St. Louis, MO