Live-in Care Assistant Job at Home Instead Senior Care Upton Lovell, Wiltshire
Home Instead is an award-winning international car provider. We provide care that enhances the lives of people living with the challenges of ageing.
We are proud to be the example of what high quality care should look like. Care that promotes social and emotional needs, not just completing tasks .
As Care Professionals, we receive high levels of support, training and personal development opportunities. As a team we all have input into decision-making and help to shape care plans and care arrangements. We have improved the lives of many individuals with compassionate care that gives them a sense of purpose and wellbeing.
- Starting salary of £745 per week
- Annual increase
- 3 meals per day or a food allowance
- Travel allowance
- Health Cash Plan and Employee Assistant Programme
- Pension scheme
- Paid Annual Leave
- On-Call and out of hours support
- You will be provided with industry-led training (City and Guilds Qualifications) and full support will be given throughout
We have been caring for a wonderful couple living near Warminster. Both husband and wife are easy going and relaxed. The gentleman lives with Parkinson’s disease which is well managed with medication. He has a wonderful sense of humour and the wife is gentle and very supportive.
The location is Upton Lovell, Warminster, Wiltshire.
As a Live-in Care Professional, you will reside at the client’s home and provide a variety of non-medical services to help them remain safe, confident and relaxed. The type of Care you will provide includes meal preparation, assisting with medication, helping with personal care, maintaining contact with family and friends, participating in hobbies and most importantly to provide a listening ear.
Live-in Care professionals provide companionship and care during the day, usually between 8am and 8pm. There is a 2-hour lunch break every day at an agreed time. Live-in Care Professionals have their own separate room and are provided with 3 meals a day or a meal allowance. You will not be required to provide care overnight. You will have continuous daily contact and support from your team leader. You will typically work on a 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off rota.
Live-in care allows for slow, authentic care with enough time for real companionship activities.
What you need:
- Live-in care experience is preferred but not essential
- Empathy and a willingness to make a difference to someone’s life is more important.
- Personal experience of caring for a friend or relative is ideal.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills.
- The rest you need to know will be taught through our accredited training.
- English speaking.
- Driver preferred.
We are currently only accepting applications from within the United Kingdom. We are not offering any sponsorships at this stage
As a Live-In Care Professionals, we receive industry-leading training, great rates of pay and excellent support. Home instead puts trust, dignity and compassion at the forefront of care towards our Clients but equally amongst our colleagues at Home Instead. .
- You will be part of a team and work alongside other like-minded Care Professionals.
- You will be consulted, listened to and supported to implement your own creative ideas.
- You will be valued by your clients and build respected relationships in the community.
- You will be working for an Award-Winning international Home Care Provider.
If you’re looking for work that is extremely rewarding and feel that you can be a positive force in an older person’s life – we would love to hear from you!
Home Instead promotes diversity and is committed to safeguarding the welfare of adults. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.
About the Company
Company: Home Instead Senior Care
Company Location: Upton Lovell, Wiltshire