Landscape Architect Job in Burnaby, BC at ISL Engineering and Land Services
Our growing Burnaby team is relocating to a bright new office space, steps from the Gilmore Skytrain Station. If you are interested in an opportunity for professional growth and advancement with diverse and challenging work in an energetic team-oriented atmosphere, we want to hear from you!
A Little About Us:
ISL is an award-winning, site service consulting firm comprised of 400 engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists and their support teams: that work together to deliver infrastructure projects across western Canada. We strive to minimize environmental impact while maximizing community benefit of our work.
We are passionate about developing our people and letting them chart their own career path. To enable this, we provide a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and fully funded educational opportunities.
ISL’s Landscape Architecture Team: delivers transformative site design solutions. We act as a Design Studio: – we care about our projects and craft our designs. We are committed to design and project service delivery excellence. We are:
- Holistic: – we think and work collaboratively to develop multi-disciplinary site design solutions
- Integrated: – working within the larger ISL firm gives us an opportunity to work on substantial, complex, multi-disciplinary projects
- Diverse: – in our backgrounds and talents. We marry technical expertise with creative flair in the design of distinct outdoor spaces
A Little About You:Your cover letter must demonstrate: :
- Strong work ethic with a commitment to design detail and quality
- Ability to work both independently and in multi-disciplinary team environments
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
Your resume should show us: :
- University degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited institution
- BCSLA registration
- Extensive experience in the BC market
- Minimum two years’ experience as a registered Landscape Architect
- A diverse project portfolio demonstrating design excellence
- Extensive project management experience
- Strong AutoCAD and graphic production skills (Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, Rhino, V-Ray, etc.)
A Little More About the Role:Responsibilities:
- Generate concept design, detail and construction drawing packages
- Manage projects of varying sizes and complexities
- Provide contract management and construction administration services
- Quality assurance on all project deliverables
- Manage and develop the Burnaby landscape drafting and graphic production team
Please submit resume, cover letter and sample portfolio online.:
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists:, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community.
- We work on fascinating projects right in our community. :
- We are nimble:. We integrate the right team to solve our clients’ biggest challenges.
- We are social:. Follow our hashtag #isllife on Twitter and Instagram or check out our YouTube Channel.
- We get together:. Every year, Staff Development Seminar brings together ISLers from all over western Canada to learn, share and connect.
- We are independent problem solvers.: Employee owned and operated, we like to work hard with minimum bureaucracy.
- We encourage and reward high performance. :Employer paid benefits plan, Group RRSP, and competitive salaries with opportunities for annual bonus. :
Want to find out more about this or other ISL career opportunities?:
Visit us online at www.islengineering.com/about/join-the-team:
About the Company
Company: ISL Engineering and Land Services
Company Location: Burnaby, BC