Instructional Designer Job in Seattle, WA at Amazon
The Shipping & Delivery Support Knowledge Management (SDS KM) team is looking for an exceptional instructional designer to create and continuously improve learning programs using an array of creative approaches that inspire learners and drive productivity.
This includes both self- and instructor-led trainings for our Customer Service associates around the world. The role requires an individual who can innovate, move quickly, and not be constrained by how things have been done before.
This position is remote.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Use appropriate tools and delivery methods to produce blended learning materials promoting learning through self-study, practice, performance support, socialization and knowledge-sharing.
- Continually evaluate solutions for quality, business impact, and scalability.
- Leverage technology to improve learner access and provide just in time learning.
- Pursue a deep understanding of learner roles to ensure that learning solutions meet the needs of stakeholders and end users.
- Maintain knowledge of new learning approaches, technology and tools through continuous research to ensure our solutions deliver innovation.
- Participate in a community of learning professionals to share best practices and identify emerging learning needs.
- Develop assessments that measure learner outcomes including productivity and understanding
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Distance Learning, or related field
- At least 2 years formal education and/or experience in technical training
- At least 5 years experience in instructional design, distance learning, corporate training, or a directly related field
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following tools: Articulate Storyline, Rise, Captivate, Camtasia, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop), and related SCORM or Tin Can compliant production tools
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in communicating technical concepts and processes using clear, simple language and visuals
- 5+ years experience conducting quality analysis reviews of instructional materials
- Comfortable working in a diverse group and contributing to an inclusive culture.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
About the Company
Company Location: Seattle, WA