Illustrator Job in Portland, OR at Pixel Fort –
About this role
As an Illustrator at Pixel Fort, you will be responsible for executing the vision of the creative team to produce excellent work for Pixel Fort’s various commercial and corporate clients. The ideal candidate is someone who has a strong illustration portfolio that showcases a diverse array of styles, particularly when it comes to character illustration. Candidates that have experience working with animators or knowledge of animation workflows are preferred.
Our Illustrator should be self-directed and disciplined; we’re a small studio so we need someone who is willing to take on creative challenges, even if it might be outside their comfort zone. They should be able to jump in at any stage of a project and make it their own. One week you could be creating style frames and storyboards for an explainer video, the next designing and developing characters for a commercial campaign, the next creating icons and assets for later animation.
The right candidate should be interested in building a career out of illustration and design that is meant to move, and is looking for a place to cut their teeth creating client facing work. They should be excited by the idea of working with a small team, and willing to grow alongside us as we expand our studio. They are adaptable, flexible, and hungry to create amazing work.
What you’ll be doing
- Producing creative work along any stage of the animation pipeline, including:
- Style frames and development
- Character design
- Vector and “hand drawn” asset creation
- Expert knowledge of photoshop and/or illustrator (knowledge of both is required).
- 2D Cel/photoshop/hand drawn animation work a plus
- Working with creative team to develop consistent look and feel for each animation
- Attend meetings, reviews, presentations, and problem-solving brainstorm sessions. Confidently pitch and workshop your own ideas to the team and to clients with team support.
- Researching and testing new techniques, plug-ins, and software. Keeping abreast of the current trends in illustration, design, and animation.
What we are looking for
- A strong portfolio – demonstrates experience illustrating various styles and forms. A portfolio of school/personal projects if fine, but experience working with real world clients is a plus.
- +1-3 years of illustration/design experience
- Art-related degree or comparable professional experience
- Strong knowledge of the techniques used in design, illustration, 2D and motion graphics animation.
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to manage your own workload and interface with other creatives to produce multiple projects on time. Comfort with google docs, sheets, and slides for collaboration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to bring something special to each task.
- Ability to remain calm and confident in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Technically proficient and experienced with software including:
- Remote work is fine, candidates must be able to supply their own hardware if working remotely. Candidates in the Portland, OR and surrounding area will be given preference. Must have the legal right to work in the United States and be a legal resident of the US.
Beginning: Nov 27th (ideally earlier)
Reporting to: Dylan Wilbur and Drew Pavelchak, Directors
- 42k-50k depending on experience.
- 2 weeks PTO, Most Holidays Off, Flexible hours, Healthcare
Please apply as soon as possible. Applicants without a portfolio or samples of their previous work will not be considered. Note that as part of the interview process, we may require a short sample illustration to be created.
You must be vaccinated to work here, but we will make considerations for religious and medical exemptions on a case-by-case basis. Please let us know in your application if you require an exemption. We comply with all State and Federal laws related to disability and religious accommodation requests.
Pixel Fort is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
You must be vaccinated in order to work here. Remote work is acceptable, but ideally you’ll be able come in to the office and work in person for a few days a week. But ultimately we are flexible and can work with you to build a safe and optimal schedule.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Portland, OR 97214: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Are you vaccinated against COVID-19, or willing to receive your first dose before starting work? If you have a religious or medical exemption please let us know here.
- Post the link to your portfolio/website here. Applicants that do not have a portfolio will not be considered.
Work Location: One location
About the Company
Company: Pixel Fort –
Company Location: Portland, OR