Human Resources Generalist Job in Burnaby, BC at Core-Mark International, Inc. –
Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company that continues to grow for over 130 years as an industry leader in fresh and broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has allowed us to build over $16 Billion in revenue. Through our 32 distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs, and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada.
At Core-Mark, you will discover a culture that enables you to grow, challenges you to achieve, and embraces you as family. Show us your power and come explore your opportunities with Core-Mark.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
Position Summary: As the Human Resource Generalist, you will be responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and collaborating with HR management in supporting Core-Mark. You will drive recruiting efforts and provide support for safety, workers compensation, employee relations, payroll, benefits, and training functions. A successful candidate will maintain HR compliances, contribute to innovative HR practices, and play a strategic role in ensuring an environment that enables all.
- Addressing employee inquiries regarding company policies, procedures, and HR programs.
- Sourcing candidates through job postings, local agencies, and other creative avenues.
- Administering various HR plans and procedures for all Core-Mark personnel.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Conducting initial employment verification, pre-screen of candidates, and exit interviews.
- Partnering with hiring managers to understand the preferred qualifications for job openings.
- Performing HRIS data maintenance; including new hires processing and status changes.
- Collaborating with HR Manager and hiring managers to ensure effective on-boarding and integration of new hires.
- Maintaining personnel, payroll, and benefit files in accordance with federal and state requirements.
- Coordinating employee training, employee awards, and other Core-Mark programs.
- Conducting regular audits on employee timekeeping records to ensure compliance.
- Assisting with responses to unemployment claims.
- Acting as the backup payroll processor as needed.
- Providing additional support to HR process across Core-Mark.
Skills & Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or a related field.
- 3-5 years of HR experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- General knowledge of state and federal employment laws and regulations.
- Experience with HR information systems.
- Proficiency with computers utilizing Microsoft products such as Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Medical Coverage including: Massage Therapy, Chiropractic, and other Paramedical Practitioners
- Core-Benefits: Life (includes dependent coverage), Disability, & Employee Assistance Program paid by Core-Mark
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time and Holidays
- Financial Wellness: RRSP, Paid Direct Drug Card, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of employees
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Burnaby, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
About the Company
Company: Core-Mark International, Inc. –
Company Location: Burnaby, BC