Graphic Designer Job in Portland, OR at Reed College – 4.1
Reed College seeks a graphic designer to join the college’s public affairs office. The graphic designer will create designs and layouts for various mediums, including print (e.g., publications, direct mail, posters, presentations) and digital (e.g., websites, HTML email, social media) while maintaining true to Reed communication and visual identity guidelines. Their work will support the Public Affairs’ goals to enhance Reed’s reputation, raise positive awareness of the college, and promote the value of a liberal arts education.
The public affairs office is small and multifaceted. We value creativity, flexibility, initiative, and integrity. The graphic designer must demonstrate an ability to work independently but also collaboratively while embodying these values. This position reports to the design director and works closely with college partners, including admissions, development, and student life.
Reed College offers an exceptional benefits package, including comprehensive and cost-free medical and dental insurance for you, and a 60% discount on medical and dental insurance for your dependents, 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution (after one year of service), educational assistance for employees and their children, 22 days of paid vacation, paid holidays, half-day Fridays in the summer, and many other campus amenities. This is a full-time, exempt role with work hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a one hour unpaid lunch. Starting salary for this position is $50,000 per year. This is not a remote position.
Who You Are
- You have extensive knowledge and passion for typography, layout, and color.
- You easily communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale.
- You are proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Microsoft Office.
- You are a critical and strategic thinker with the ability to take projects from start to finish.
- You are a self-starter with the ability to work collaboratively and welcome feedback.
- You have strong print production experience, including a clear understanding of different print processes, finishes and proofing.
- You are known for your attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- You complete assignments under tight deadlines.
- You have a basic understanding of HTML, web design, and user interaction.
- Photography, videography, animation, and illustration skills are a bonus.
What You’ll Do
- Work across all disciplines from branding, direct mail, web, signage, and print collateral.
- Campaign ideation, design, and production in collaboration with the design director and college partners.
- Utilize visual identity guidelines to create clear and cohesive messaging.
- Collaborate with writers, photographers, developers, and printers to ensure the integrity of design through completion.
- Manage quotes and production timelines in coordination with print vendors to meet project budget and schedule.
- Complete quick design updates, including image searches, copy edits, and print production.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location
About the Company
Company: Reed College – 4.1
Company Location: Portland, OR