Gameplay Animator Job in Toronto, ON at Ubisoft Toronto Inc.
Ubisoft Toronto Inc.
224 Wallace Avenue. M6H 1V7
Location of position: Toronto, Ontario
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore, and discover new possibilities.
Ubisoft Toronto was founded in 2010 and has contributed to many award-winning Ubisoft brands including: Assassin’s Creed®, Far Cry®, For HonorTM, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell®, and Watch Dogs®. In 2018, the team at Ubisoft Toronto developed its first new IP, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, and is leading development of Watch Dogs: Legion. Ubisoft Toronto is one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People in 2020.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas have a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and Create the Unknown.
On being a Gameplay Animator at Ubisoft Toronto
As a Gameplay Animator, you will be responsible for the quality and content of the animations and the functionality of the gameplay systems. You must ensure that they are visually credible and in line with the game’s vision.
Type of Position: Permanent, full-time.
The daily life of a Gameplay Animator at Ubisoft Toronto
- Create and document the artistic charter of the animation based on the creative direction (reference films, games by competitors, and design documents);
- Follow up on and validate the animations produced, ensuring that the artistic charter is being followed (e.g.: assess coherence, fluidity, uniformity, timing, weight perception, etc.);
- Is capable of being autonomous and reports to the Lead animator when there are unforeseen issues/cost related to animation systems;
- Has a deep knowledge of the engine and animation tools/ is aware of constraints – brings new solutions to complex problems;
- Actively participate in animation system design and issue resolution;
- Takes ownership of the systems assigned to him/her and sees them through to completion;
- Work closely with Programmers, Animation TD and Animation Director – to ensure the quality of the integration of the animations;
- Play the game so as to detect inconsistencies and validate the regularity of character reactions (control and gameplay situations);
- Innovation and animation quality efforts;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
What it takes to make it
- Diploma in game-oriented 3D animation technique or any other equivalent training or experience.
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in video game animation, or any other relevant experience;
- Game experience is a must.
- Strong understanding of body mechanics and realistic animation;
- Relevant software experience – Motionbuilder, 3DSMax or Maya.
Nice to have
- Attention to detail; the character’s movements are key elements of the player’s experience;
- Adaptability, suppleness, flexibility, open mind;
- Open to constructive criticism;
- Good collaboration with members of the animation team and other team members on the project.
· Competitive Salary: $56,000 – $100,000
· Comprehensive Benefits Package:
o Disability Insurance
o Dental Insurance
o Extended medical insurance
o (Optional) RRSP contribution
o Relocation Assistance
o Bonus (If Applicable)
Why Ubisoft Toronto?
Located in Toronto’s up-and-coming Junction Triangle neighbourhood since 2010, Ubisoft Toronto is a studio full of passionate and experienced game developers focused on making innovative and exciting games. With over 35 languages spoken, Ubisoft Toronto is as diverse as the booming city it calls home. At Ubisoft Toronto, we are passionate about positive culture. We host monthly team celebrations, organize events for employees and their families, and we offer a variety of health and wellness initiatives like on-site yoga, on-site occupational therapists, flexible days, and an abundance of fresh fruit to promote a balanced life.
Ubisoft Toronto conducts annual performance reviews to help our team develop their careers and grow with our studio, and we provide the opportunity for salary increases annually as part of the performance review process. Ubisoft Toronto also offers a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, industry education support, training, and career development.
Join us and see for yourself why Ubisoft is rated one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People multiple years running!
At Ubisoft Toronto, we look for people who are excited to create the future of games in one of the most diverse cities in the world. We believe that embracing our differences helps us build stronger creative teams and develop better games for all players.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and welcome applications from all interested candidates. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, neurodivergent people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation for people with disability upon request.
If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for? Apply to join us now!
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
Job Type: Full-time
About the Company
Company: Ubisoft Toronto Inc.
Company Location: Toronto, ON