Editorial Coordinator Job in Alexandria, VA at American Society of Clinical Oncology – 3.5
Remote United States
job requisition id
Are you interested in making a world of difference in cancer care?
Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing doctors who care for people with cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer through research, education, and promotion of the highest quality, equitable patient care.
Who we are:
ASCO is a flexible, high-performance membership organization where employees collaborate to support our mission through evidence, care, and impact. Together with Conquer Cancer, the ASCO Foundation and CancerLinQ colleagues, we foster a culture that prioritizes customer-centricity, emphasizes teamwork, commits to quality, and values inclusion. Our culture, ASCO Works – Our Way of Working, has long enabled workplace flexibility and embraced technology to help us achieve balance.
ASCO offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and opportunities to participate in professional development programs.
Who we are looking for:
ASCO has an exciting role for a high-performing Editorial Coordinator to join our Publishing Department. The selected candidate will assist the Editorial Office with the peer review process as envisaged by the Society’s Strategic Plan and goals of the department
Remote candidates welcome or primary location in Alexandria, VA.
What you will do:
- Partner with outside vendors to maintain and troubleshoot Editorial Manager submission system.
- Partner with the Production Team to ensure quality of articles and figures after acceptance.
- Act as liaison with J&J staff to ensure quality; keep process documentation up to date and work with Managing Editor to address problems as necessary
- Work effectively across departments to promote special programs to ASCO members.
- Serve as key liaison and support for staff and volunteers, including training new staff and Editors and responding to voicemail and journal inboxes.
- Periodically review procedures and processes within the Editorial Office and offer insight and recommendations.
- Support department activities by participating in the progression of manuscripts through the peer-review process.
- Develop, maintain, and provide reports and complete research requests.
What you will need in order to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in English or Communications, or equivalent years of experience
- 2 – 3 years of experience in scholarly peer-review management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and a comfort level with adapting to new technology
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in teams
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize, and multi-task
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills; ability to provide a high level of efficient support to authors, editors, and reviewers
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivation and a willingness to take new initiatives
- Strong desire to seek continuous improvements by staying knowledgeable on the current industry trends
- Strong writing skills and excellent grammar, spelling, and proofreading
Ideal candidates will also contribute:
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator
- Proficient in use of manuscript submission systems
Must lift up to 10 lbs
Fast-paced office environment with extended periods seated or standing at a desk.
High use of computer and other office technology equipment
1 – 5 days/ year
At ASCO, our goal is to foster and encourage a diversity of thought, experience, and background in our workplace. Our organization’s culture is multi-dimensional, and we encourage our employees to leverage their unique perspectives and ideas. ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Job Type: Full-time
About the Company
Company: American Society of Clinical Oncology – 3.5
Company Location: Alexandria, VA