Data Scientist Job at Charger Logistics Inc – Brampton, ON
We are looking for a Data Scientist who uses a combination of techniques from statistics, machine learning, computer science and data visualization to produce advanced predictive analytic solutions that determine patterns and relationships in large volumes of data to predict future behaviors, events and outcomes. The candidate will work cross-functionally with technical and non-technical teams to take on a variety of tasks including but not limited to mining data, building models, building dashboards, and conducting detailed analysis. The ideal candidate will have a analytical mindset, deep understanding of databases, visualization, and modeling techniques, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment delivering against tight deadlines.
- Understand the business requirements and processes around advanced analytics model execution.
- Collect data from disparate structured and unstructured sources in support of model development.
- Extract data using data mining techniques to uncover trends and derive insights; analyze forecasting metrics,
- Perform exploratory data analysis with the goal to uncover trends, find root causes of forecast inaccuracies and develop innovative features that can drive additional value
- Build machine learning models with advanced analytics techniques to extend our capabilities and deliver new business value.
- Capture and present data-driven business insights
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
- Work closely with software engineering teams to drive real-time model implementations and new feature creations
- Leverage existing data sources, identify and mine data from new sources, identify opportunities for and execute primary data gathering efforts, and provide recommendations on scaling new methods more broadly
- University degree or equivalent in data analytics, statistics, math, or computer science, with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
- Excellent analytical, storytelling, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to translate/communicate analytics recommendations to both technical and nontechnical team members.
- Strong understanding of quantitative (univariate and multivariate) analysis techniques.
- Experience with predictive modelling and machine learning.
- Strong experience with statistical analytical techniques, data mining, machine learning, and predictive models using Python, R or similar tools
- Experience using scripting language for collecting, organizing and manipulating data.
- Ability to work with data with significant ambiguity, develop creative approaches to analytical problems, and interpret data and results from a business/industry perspective
- Competitive Salary
- Healthcare Benefits Package
- Career Growth
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Work Location: One location
About the Company
Company: Charger Logistics Inc –
Company Location: Brampton, ON