Contract (1099) Resume & LinkedIn Writer/Editor – FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE! Job at Plum Coaching & HR Consulting Remote
Full Job Description
Contract Opportunity (1099)Virtual
If you wish to be considered: Please note that a cover letter is required.
Our resume clients are obsessed with their resumes—and so are we.
Plum Coaching & HR Consulting resume writers have a deep appreciation for the impact that their work will have on the lives of their clients. If you are an experienced writer, editor, technical writer, communications professional, or similar who enjoys collaboration and the craft of writing and editing, we invite you to read on.
A resume is one of the most critical tools of a job search. Job seekers from all over the world engage Plum to craft a resume that showcases achievements and tells compelling stories of success. Our clients range from C-suite leaders to recent college graduates and everyone in between. Career coaches and employers refer clients to us because our reputation for exceptional resumes is our hallmark. We have a deep understanding of what makes a resume effective and what will gain the attention of search engines and applicant tracking systems.
Beyond resumes, LinkedIn is our jam. We create LinkedIn profiles that garner the attention of hiring managers and recruiters. Our resume work informs our LinkedIn profile style.
If this work speaks to you, please consider our requirements:
- At least 5 years of writing and/or editing experience.
- Marketing writing experience is valued.
- A writing portfolio that demonstrates your craft and capability.
- Knowledge of writing style guides and an ability to follow editing guidelines.
- An ability to be succinct and abbreviated when needed.
- A willingness to follow Plum’s proprietary resume and LinkedIn style.
- Experience in tech and knowledge of related terms is ideal.
- An ability to work with all types of clients in a variety of industries, including tech, manufacturing, sales, marketing, and healthcare.
- You enjoy working autonomously but want a community of like-minded colleagues.
More about Plum:
- We are a woman-founded 10-year-old company based out of Seattle.
- You can learn more about us here: www.plumseattle.com.
- We are a growing team of 20 who enjoy collaborating with one another.
- We are coaches, HR consultants, writers, technical editors, and virtual team members who enjoy meeting together whenever possible.
- Our founder believes in providing the team with true work-life balance. You decide how much or how little you wish to work!
- At this time, our resume writers work virtually with clients, so you can work from anywhere—although most of our clients reside on the west coast (Pacific Standard
- This is a contract (1099) role, so no benefits or overtime are provided.
- This opportunity allows you to have your own business outside of Plum.
- We believe in paying you fairly for your talent and expertise.
How to throw your hat in the ring:
- Submit an updated resume (don’t worry, we won’t judge).
- Provide a cover letter explaining why this type of role appeals to you. Please be as specific and detailed as possible. We will use this letter to admire your writing style and get to know you.
- Send us samples of your work or a link to your online writing portfolio.
- Review our website and be ready to answer the question: “Why Plum?”
Plum is proud to promote an inclusive community of coaches, writers, and consultants.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $75.00 – $100.00 per hour
Our writers work remotely. However, they need to follow strict COVID protocols if meeting with clients in-person.
- Do you have a portfolio of writing or edited samples to share?
- Are you willing to take an editing and/or writing test?
- Have you read the job description and reviewed Plum’s website?
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Technical writing: 5 years (Preferred)
- editing: 5 years (Preferred)
- writing: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote
About the Company
Company: Plum Coaching & HR Consulting
Company Location: Remote