Communications writer / CRM copywriter Job in London at Bulb –
We are the UK’s biggest green energy supplier, providing affordable, renewable energy to homes and businesses across the UK. Our mission is to help people lower their energy bills and reduce their carbon impact at the same time.
Founded in 2015, we were named the UK’s fastest growing private company in 2018 and 2019, and in February 2021 we were named Europe’s fastest growing company by the Financial Times.
Over 1.7 million UK households have signed up to renewable energy by Bulb and we’ve now expanded into Texas, France and Spain. We’re an accredited Living Wage Employer; we’ve been picked as one of LinkedIn’s top 25 UK tech startups to work for; and we’re a certified B Corp.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe diversity is important at all levels. You’re welcome at Bulb wherever you’re from and whoever you are. We believe we need a diverse team to achieve our mission. It takes people from all horizons to shake and disrupt the energy industry. We also believe a diverse team better reflects our diverse member base and helps us build better products.
Research has shown that some groups, for instance women, self-nominate on application at a lower rate than men. We encourage everyone who is interested in the role to apply – even if you’re not ready now you’ll have the opportunity to receive feedback on which skills you should grow to become a strong future candidate. You can read our D&I blog here.
In this role you will:
- Create and iterate content for email campaigns – this could include emails to advertise existing products, to encourage people to sign up to new products we’re developing, or to help our members see the impact they’ve having by switching to green energy
- Create and iterate operational emails – it doesn’t sound glamorous but it helps make us tick, you’ll be ensuring our statements are tip top, that members understand our prices, how to get help if they’re struggling to pay, how to apply for certain benefits and more
- Work with marketing and research teams to understand our target audiences, iterating on subject lines, content, and calls to action to increase campaign effectiveness over time
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders in product teams across the business
- Make our members laugh, write them the occasional poem and explain what a kilowatt hour is over and over again
Our ideal candidate will have proven experience:
- As a communications writer in a busy product company or organisation
- Creating informative, friendly, accessible emails that get results
- Making evidence-based decisions and improvements
- Segmenting emails effectively for multiple audiences
- Communicating clearly and regularly with stakeholders
- Bulb cares deeply about helping the technology industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example.
- Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
- Collaborative, flexible, and friendly environment
- Competitive salary, discretionary share options and bonus
- 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more
- 12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave
- Healthcare with Vitality after passing probation, life insurance, and a pension plan with employer contributions
- Cycle to work scheme
- One month sabbatical leave after your first year
About the Company
Company: Bulb –
Company Location: London