Campus Registrar Job in Brampton, ON at Yorkville University –
The same philosophy of personal attention that distinguishes Yorkville Education Company as a leading provider of post-secondary education also makes us an exceptional place to work. We are a modern and progressive institution that prioritizes diversity, opens doors to those often overlooked and provides pathways to successful careers.
Yorkville Education LP launched in 2004 with a simple idea: to offer people in search of a purposeful path with the flexible, rigorous and career-focused degrees they need to succeed.
With campuses in Ontario, British Columbia and New Brunswick, we equip our online and on-campus graduates from both Yorkville University and Toronto Film School with the professional knowledge, skills and designations that employers seek out. Every member of our team – from the President, right on down to the newest hire – shares a passion for learning, teaching and growing, both as individuals and as a collective. While our focus remains on providing our students with transformative, accessible and flexible higher education pathways, we also nurture an inclusive, supportive and genuinely kind work environment for our employees in three provinces and remotely.
If you want to help transform the Canadian post-secondary education landscape and shine a light on academic excellence, please join us.
Who we need:
We have launched a new two-year Project Management program with three annual intakes and a target of 2000 students. This is an exciting initiative that will rapidly scale and provide continuous growth opportunities. We are looking for candidates to join us in a variety of roles.
Reporting to the Program Chair, the successful candidate will focus on all activities relating to the admission, registration, allocation of students, allocation of classrooms, and retention of students.
What’s in it for you:
We provide a transformative, accessible, and flexible higher education environment, our team shares a passion for learning, teaching, and growing. We nurture an inclusive, supportive, and diverse work environment throughout our three campus locations and remotely.
– Dental care
– Extended health care
– Vision care
– Paid time off
What you will do:
– Implementation of academic policies and procedures relating to the admissions process
– Processing transfer credits and management of student records.
– Oversee forecasting procedures to maintain efficient class sizes and to accommodate accurate scheduling in YSIS.
– Manage the course add/drop period; ensure that class lists are complete as per University policies.
– Fostering a customer service focused environment that will enhance students’ satisfaction and success is a part of your day to day.
What you bring:
– Master’s degree preferred; Bachelor’s degree required
– 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar role
– Demonstrated ability to apply technology to records, registration and reports
– Ability to collaborate with Deans, Directors and Chairs to achieve University goals
– Strong interpersonal, oral and communications skills
– Excellent systems and computer skills
– A strong work ethic and meticulous attention to detail
– Demonstrated project management, organization and supervisory skills
– Strong customer service orientation
What does the best of all worlds mean at Yorkville Education?
– An atmosphere that successfully blends an entrepreneurial culture with education. We value innovation and continuously look towards expanding our programming, working with the latest research, tools, and solutions. As a private school with government approval of our offerings, we have the opportunity to do more, stay current, and be future-forward.
– The chance to accelerate your career and disrupt education by responding to the needs you see and purposefully challenging the status quo. Everything we do here is about delighting and engaging our employees – and ultimately our students- from mentorship to teaching, from creative outlets to analytical ones.
– A place where all individuals feel welcomed in the academic and workplace environments and can bring their authentic selves to the educational and work spheres. We celebrate the full range of human diversity, and we acknowledge that equal access to opportunities and services may require the removal of barriers that equity-seeking communities experience in trying to obtain this access.
– The opportunity to grow with access to free courses, certifications, and programs – right up to our Doctorate offerings.
– An appreciation for the insights and skills you bring to work with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including a wide breadth of wellness services, and a work-life balance.
We welcome and appreciate candidates with a range of backgrounds and experiences. If you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, express your interest now.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are a critical component of life at Yorkville Education Company and we are committed to making these values an integral part of our culture. We encourage applications from all qualified applicants, including women, persons with disabilities, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), people from the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Queer, Questioning, Two-Spirit, Intersex, Asexual + (LGBTQ2SIA+) community, and other equity-seeking groups.
Yorkville University is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability, please notify Human Resources at 1-866- 467-0661 ext. 1236.
Job Type: Full-time
About the Company
Company: Yorkville University –
Company Location: Brampton, ON