Camp Assistant Director – Hudson Job in Hudson, QC at Laurus Summer Camp –
***ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A COVER LETTER***
At Laurus you will benefit from multiple perks which include but are not limited to:
- Dynamic workspace
- Salary and career growth
- Being part of a growing business with a growing team of creative and passionate staff members
- Flexible work hours and schedule
- Events and venues to grow partnerships
The role of the Assistant Director is to assist and learn from the Camp Location Director in the day-to-day proceedings of camp. They are present every day at camp and are responsible for ensuring that all daily activities run smoothly. They have also been working with the executive team leading up to camp to organize the nine weeks of camp.
Laurus Summer Camp runs for 9 weeks during the summer (June 27-August 26), however the role of Assistant Director operates part-time off season until end of June and is full time from end of June-August.
Until end April (Part-Time)
- Assist in hiring with their Location Director
- Attend management trainings and meetings
- Prepare and assist with programming and scheduling
- Participate in recruitment events
- Assist in pre camp overall preparations (supplies, planning, liaison with families and staff)
June-August (Full Time)
- Ensuring day-to-day activities and schedules are run smoothly
- Ensuring camper and counsellor safety and satisfaction
- Constant communication with the Camp Location Director on daily schedules, needs, counsellor concerns, etc.
- Learning from the Camp Location Director about camp administration and leadership
- Supervision of counsellors
- Assisting the Camp Location Director in leading counsellor meetings
- Providing resources for counsellors throughout the day
- Candidates must have a desire to constantly improve and see additional responsibility as Laurus continues to grow.
- Major career and salary growth opportunities based on performance.
- Flexible “startup” work environment
- Experience working with children and families an asset.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: $16.00-$17.50 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Check out our “day-to-day” COVID-19 Procedures here:
- camp/child: 2 years (preferred)
- English/French (preferred)
Application deadline: 2022-04-16
About the Company
Company: Laurus Summer Camp –
Company Location: Hudson, QC