Buyer Job in Brampton, ON at United Restaurant Supplies –
Our Customers Can Count on Us!
We are looking for employees who believe in our company promise “Good service at a fair price, built on honesty and integrity and keeping our word”.
As the Gordon Food Service supplier of smallwares, United is innovating in this space and looking for a driven, entrepreneurial and analytical Buyer. This role will require the successful candidate to maintain the appropriate levels of inventory for their assigned vendors and products by using the available purchasing application (Ex: E3 AWR, Retalix, etc.). We are looking for a creative individual who strives in a collaborative environment but is also comfortable working with a degree of autonomy where/when required. We expect this individual to build a growth strategy from the ground up and successfully execute upon our ambitious goals.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review inventory on a daily basis and ensure adequate inventory levels are maintained.
- Collect and input all accurate inventory parameters for initial item set-up and maintain appropriate parameters based on demand changes and other influencing factors
- Analyze daily reports to identify critical inventory issues for United and or GFS branches across Canada.
- Proactively provide critical inventory information to the Category team.
- Respond to inquiries with a sense of urgency on: out of stock situations, product orders, the status of purchase orders and current inventory levels.
- Collaborate with United Buyer, DC Buyers and vendors to resolve inbound product issues and bring resolution.
- Responsible for adding SO item customer requests to all outbound purchase orders.
- Facilitate the execution of Drop Ship purchase orders as required.
- Assist in the execution of the outside storage process as required.
- Work with Supervisor/Manager to reduce inventory costs through product liquidation, return to vendors, vendor supported inventory cost write-downs and all other means as directed.
- Review weekly Deadstock reporting and take action as detailed in the process/procedure manual.
- Regularly checks for changes to PO’s through the use of the iTN portal. Ensure appropriate inventory levels are achieved.
- Collaborates with Divisional Category and United team on product conversion requirements and status changes.
- Responsible for regular maintenance of the E3 AWR application.
- Must have the ability to use technology, written resources, and vendor contacts to find product details, and calculate costing on requested products
- Excellent time management, administration, and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to build relationships, network, influence and link resources to plan and execute business practices.
- The ability to multi-task and take on new responsibilities with a strong desire to succeed
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Two years previous food service industry as supply chain analyst/purchasing or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- A working knowledge of foodservice equipment and supplies is a plus.
- Excellent internal and external customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent time management, administration, and organizational skills with great attention to detail.
- The ability to multi-task and take on new responsibilities with a strong desire to succeed.
- Knowledge of spreadsheet, Google apps, word processing, presentation, and email software applications.
- Must possess the ability to learn proprietary sales and reporting systems.
- Experience with JDA/E3 purchasing systems an asset
- French language will definitely be an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for the next stage will be contacted. United Restaurant Supplies is an equal opportunity employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to any enumerated or analogous grounds of discrimination, including race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status, sexual orientation or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to [email protected] and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line.
Job Type: Full-time
About the Company
Company: United Restaurant Supplies –
Company Location: Brampton, ON