Art Director Job in St. Louis, MO at MarketPlace –
Art Director – 3-5 years design experience
MarketPlace is a highly respected team of brand strategists and designers in the health, wellness, and nutrition markets for people and pets. As an independent, privately held agency for over 20 years, we’ve enjoyed partnering with clients all over the world, developing a culture that boasts high creativity and collaboration to deliver exemplary results. We’re currently looking for an Art Director to join our established and highly effective design group.
Primary Job Functions
- Develop and execute on all types of projects: brand campaigns, packaging, digital ads, website design, sales materials, trade show booths, etc.
- Work closely with CD’s, Group Creative Director, copywriters, strategists, developers, and other departments to deliver high-quality products on time and within budget.
- Create and then present creative concepts internally and, as comfortable, to clients.
- Comfortably move (and grow) among channels and formats, from Amazon web store to motion graphic to environmental design.
- Stay on top of trends in design (e.g. typography, photography, video, UI/UX design, motion graphics, social media) as relevant.
Keys to Success
- Cares deeply about and takes personal responsibility for creative output
- Self-motivated, growth mindset, embraces change, obsessed with design, always wanting to get better, always learning, loves group collaboration, humble and open
- The ability to take constructive feedback and view it as an avenue for positive growth
- Eager to understand the industries we serve and the common audiences we speak to (B2B and B2C) in order to apply that understanding to design
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members
- Strong experience (probably looks like 3-5 years) designing creative concepts and materials
- Understanding of the moving pieces inherent in working as part a design team within a larger setting
A Bit about MarketPlace
MarketPlace is a team of talented, brilliant high-achievers who help B2B and B2C brands launch new products, new business units, and new or revitalized brands with full-service strategy and creative capabilities.
Brands we serve include:
- B2B food and beverage ingredient companies
- B2B supplement ingredient companies and brands
- CPG pet nutrition and lifestyle brands
- CPG supplement brands
- CPG brands prior to commercialization (you’ll have the opportunity to influence the brand strategy for new products coming to market to ensure the greatest chance of success)
Hopefully all that sounds enticing enough, but we also add the following benefits:
- Empowerment – hire smart people and let them do great work
- Guided leadership – provide a roadmap for success, but no need to micromanage
- Collaborative teamwork – two heads (or more) are better than one
- Plus: Really good coffee, Donut Drive-In as a neighbor, a rooftop deck and………
- Office dogs (they speak for themselves)
- Benefits – medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k)
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Professional development opportunities
- Casual attire and regular business hours
Please have a look around our website and make sure that we’re a good fit for you, which is obviously pretty important. Include a resume and portfolio (or link) for us to review.
Thank you in advance for taking time to consider applying. We can’t respond to every application, unfortunately, but we promise that if we think there’s a potential for a fit, we’ll be in touch.
No relocation available. No third-party candidates.
MarketPlace provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- What is your salary range expectation?
- creative design: 4 years (Preferred)
About the Company
Company: MarketPlace –
Company Location: St. Louis, MO